An Eco-Friendly Green Hotel in San Diego
Sustainable Practices and Environmental Responsibility
At San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, we take our responsibility to the environment seriously. We work to cut our water consumption, reduce our energy usage, decrease our landfill waste output and work other eco-friendly actions into our daily operations. We’re proud to be a part of Marriott International’s Strategy for Contributing to Environmental Conservation, which seeks to understand and act on the direct and indirect environmental impacts of the company’s business operations.
Since 2007, San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter Has:
- Reduced water consumption by 11.6% per occupied room
- Reduced energy consumption by 4.1% per square meter of conditioned space
- Decreased pounds of landfill waste per occupied room by 10% from 2009 to 2011
Additional Items to Note:
- We are a LEED certified hotel
- We recently received a Silver Level Green Leaders Award from TripAdvisor
- We are certified by the CA Green Lodging Program
Eco-Friendly Room Features:
- A recycling receptacle is located in your room
- We replace bed linens every three days (unless you request otherwise)
- To save water, we will not refresh your towel if you hang it
- We are committed to a smoke-free policy
Decline Housekeeping and Earn 500 Marriott Rewards Points Per Night
It's your choice to be rewarded. Simply place the door hanger provided in your room to decline housekeeping and we'll reward you with 500 Marriott Rewards points each day you participate, up to three consecutive days. If you are not currently a member, sign up here.
Please join us our efforts to stay green and to save our natural world for future generations. For more information about the efforts of our environmentally-friendly hotels, click here.